Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sorry! Time flies when your computerless.

Don't mind the old rags.

Final kitchen( with cute new rug)
New pantry, with the doors on. good job John!
check out the massive sink. and all the counter top space my microwave used to have to sit right here.
Our first disposal of our marriage!
Here it is!!( No more pantry, we moved the fridge where the pantry was).
Can you believe the fridge was on this wall?( the cabinet on the far right is empty!! Love my new space.

So We have a fully functioning kitchen!!! Yahoo. We got our counter tops in and they are better than I thought they ever could have been. John's little sister thought they were rock(I had to swear on Kaydes life for her to believe me). After getting our counter tops We got all our plumbing done. We were going to do this ourselves because that is just how we roll, but... John was gone and I couldn't wait. ha ha. So I had a guy come in and put our drains and disposal together. Good thing I did because we needed to rearrange some stuff and he had the good advise to swap out some old cast iron stuff we had. So that was done, he did think we needed to get our drain line cleaned out, but didn't have the equipment. Well to make a long story short about the drains being plugged, Our kitchen flooded about 3 days later!! It was not as bad as it could have been thank heavens. nothing got ruined we were able to keep it confined so mainly the floor got mopped and the bottoms of the cabinets. I got a few new dishtowels, rug and table runner last weekend I love how it kind of just ties and finishes ever thing off. So all that we have left is trim, hanging the rest of our closet doors and touch up stuff! few I am going to say we are done with inside house work. Now to the out doors. Oh wait it is busy work season and John just informed me they got the Louisiana Job they were hoping for. I am not sure how I feel about that yet.

7 comments:

Tatum said...

Wow! Looks great! Now can you guys come to my house and do that? Home projects are tough but it is soooo nice when they are done!

Scottie and Tasha said...

Wow that looks really good- good work!

Lea said...

Your kitchen looks so great! Good job! Too bad I didn't get to see you this last weekend! Hopefully next time!

Justin and Tauna said...

The kitchen looks awesome, I love the counter tops. WE'll have to come down and see it for ourselves. THats sucks that it flooded a little but good thing just a little.

Malaree said...

wow! that looks awesome! all of your hard work paid off! love the cabinets!

Tuesdee said...

It is beautiful! So glad I was able to come see it in person! You guys did a GREAT job on everything!

Josh and Brittney Drake said...

it looks amazing!!! congrats you guys, i'm sure your enjoying!